The Best Insurance Money Can Buy!
Terms and Conditions
- Effective April 10, 2014 Sun General Insurance Inc. will be accepting online premium payments via our website.
- We accept online payments by Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express).
- Sun General Insurance Inc. reserves the right to add or remove payment options at its discretion and without notice.
- All premiums are stated in the currency that is indicated in the form which you have filled out to make your payment.
- Your card will be charged immediately when you make an online payment. Your Sun General Account will be updated to reflect the payment within two (2) business days.
- The processing of your online payment depends on the accuracy of the information you submitted to us. If we are unable to process your payment because the information you provided is not accurate we will attempt to contact you via the telephone number and email address you provided when submitting the payment. If we are unsuccessful at contacting you within two (2) business days after your payment was made we will reverse the charge to your Credit cCard. Please note that if your payment is reversed due to the above circumstances and your policy’s Renewal Date has passed you will not receive cover and we may send you a Cancellation Notice.
We collect information from you when you make an online payment.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
* To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you make a payment online and require a refund, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- A request must be made within five (5) business days of making the online payment.
- To make a request for a refund you must notify us in one of two ways:
- by submitting a written letter requesting a refund to one of our offices in the country in which your policy is/will be issued. Your letter should be addressed to Credit and Collections Department, OR
- Your refund, once approved by us, will be processed within two (2) business days.
- All refunds will be made to the credit card from which the original payment was made. If this cannot be done for reasons beyond the control of Sun General Insurance Inc., a cheque will be made out to the cardholder. Cheques will take two (2) business days to be processed.
- Cash refunds are not available for online payments.
- Refund payments may be subject to special terms and conditions if there has been a claim. Please check the Cancellation Policy on your Policy or contact us for more details.
- Refunds will be made in the same currency that the original payment was made.
- This Refund Policy only applies to online payments made via www.sungeneral.net.