The Best Home Insurance Money Can Buy!
Other important information
Cancellation by You
You have the right to cancel your home insurance Policy by giving seven (7) days notice in writing by registered letter to any of Our offices within the Geographical Area. If no claim has been made, or no incident that may give rise to a claim has been reported, We will calculate the number of days Your Policy has been in force and provide You with a refund, if applicable, as per the cancellation table below:
Time Policy in Force
Amount of Premium Refunded
1 - 30 days
80% of Premium
If a claim has been made, or an incident that may give rise to a claim has been reported, then no refund of premium will be due. Before or on the effective date of cancellation, your policy, schedule and any applicable endorsements must be returned to our offices.
Cancellation by Us
We have the right to cancel your policy by giving you seven (7) days by registered mail notice in writing to your last known address. If a claim has been made, or an incident that may give rise to a claim has been reported, then no refund of premium will be due. If no claim has been made then we will refund you a pro rata premium in proportion to the amount of time that your policy has been in force. Before or on the effective date of cancellation, your policy, schedule and any applicable endorsements must be returned to our offices.
Making A Claim
In the event of any happening which may give rise to a claim under your insurance Policy, you:
- shall give immediate notice to us.
- if there has been theft or any attempt thereat, shall give immediate notice to the police.
- shall, for any claim arising, send to us any writ, summons or other legal process issued or commenced against you and shall give all necessary information and assistance to enable us to settle or resist any claim or to institute proceedings.
- shall not incur any expense in making good any loss or damage without our written consent and shall not negotiate, pay, settle, admit or repudiate any claim without the like consent.
- shall give us all such information as we may reasonably require.
Reporting a Claim
On the happening of any loss or damage you shall give notice to us within 30 days after the loss or damage, or such further time as we may in writing allow in that behalf, deliver to us:
- a claim in writing for the loss and damage which contains an account, as reasonably practicable as possible, of all the several articles or items of property lost, damaged or destroyed, and of the amount of the loss or damage thereto respectively, having regard to their value at the time of loss or damage, not including profit of any kind.
- particulars of all other insurances, if any.
- You shall also at all times at your own expense produce, procure and give to us all such further particulars, plans, specifications, books, vouchers, invoices, duplicates or copies thereof, documents, proofs and information with respect to the claim and the origin and cause of the loss or damage and the circumstances under which the loss or damage occurred, and any matter touching the liability or the amount of our liability as may be reasonably required by or on behalf of us together with a declaration on oath or in other legal form of the truth of the claim and of any matters connected therewith